Matchfire is seeking an experienced Account Manager to join our San Luis Obispo office*. The position in a temporary (6-month) contract position with potential for extension and/or full-time employment.
The ability to work well with others, laugh at yourself, and have a little fun while you do good work is essential. We are looking for someone with a passion for project management, familiarity with the digital production process and desire to grow a career in marketing. Account Managers play a pivotal role in managing their own projects plus supporting our Account Directors and Principals by managing tasks such as: client communications, category research, competitive analysis, presentation development, status reports, timelines and production schedules. The role may also include operational support and assisting Principals with new business pitches, so attention to detail and time management skills are extremely important. Personality and cultural fit are key. We value a can-do attitude and flexibility to tackle whatever the day throws your way. To set yourself apart from others, you aren’t afraid to voice your opinions, are proactive in bringing fresh ideas to the table, and have no trouble multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
This is a mid-level position for someone with 3-5 years project management experience. Ideal candidates have a mix of agency, brand management or digital marketing experience, and an interest in social good. The role is a mix of project manager, producer, and idea generator—ensuring quality work is delivered on time and on budget. Candidates must be available to work normal business hours, Monday-Friday, 9 am – 5 pm, with some nights/weekends, as projects require.
- Provide end-to-end project management, from production to execution. Projects range from website design and development to brand positioning and ongoing marketing support.
- Manage internal project teams and ensure that staff works in conformance with Matchfire ways of working
- Maintain open and complete communication of project status with Matchfire internal teams
- Ensure timely development and execution of projects, aligned with agency and client goals
- Work collaboratively with peer
- Create compelling content that engages users including but not limited to: website content, blog posts, email copy, social editorial calendars, and presentations
- Support excellence in delivery, retention and strategic growth with clients
- Stay on top of emerging trends, new platforms and tools, and best practices
*The San Luis Obispo office currently remains closed due to COVID-19. Candidates are expected to work remotely until further notice. Upon office reopening, candidates may continue to work remotely at Matchfire’s discretion but must retain the ability to meet in-person, in-office, as needed.