Matchfire is seeking an experienced Account Director to join our San Luis Obispo office.
The ability to work well with others, laugh at yourself and have a little fun while you do good work is essential. The ideal candidate can manage projects like a beast. We want someone that is both a thinker and doer – who possess a mix of right brain/left brain ways of working. Personality and cultural fit are key. To set yourself apart from others, you will have time management skills like an air traffic controller at JFK international airport, aren’t afraid to voice your opinions, are proactive in bringing fresh ideas to the table, and have no trouble multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
Account Directors play a pivotal role in managing their own projects plus supporting other Account Directors and Principals by managing tasks such as: client communications, competitive analysis, presentation development, status reports, timelines and production schedules. The role may also include operational support and assisting Principals with new business pitches, so attention to detail and time management skills are extremely important. We value a can-do attitude and flexibility to tackle whatever the day throws your way.
This is a mid-to senior-level position for someone with 5+ years of digital marketing experience. Ideal candidates have a mix of agency, brand management, or digital marketing experience, and an interest in social good, as well as knowledge in SEO, AdWords, and analytics. The role is a mix of project manager, producer, and idea generator—ensuring quality work is delivered on time and on budget. Candidates must be available to work normal business hours, Monday-Friday, 9 am – 5 pm, with some nights/weekends, as projects require.
- Cultivate strong agency-client relationships
- Manage growth and development of assigned accounts / clients
- Lead overarching strategic thinking for accounts (planning, organization, problem solving)
- Maintain open and complete communication of project status with Matchfire internal teams
- Work collaboratively with peers
- Leverage insights to form marketing strategies for organizations of different sizes and verticals
- Lead projects from start to finish, overseeing the creation, production, and execution of digital activations
- Oversee or create compelling content that engages users including but not limited to: website content, blog posts, media kits, email copy, social editorial calendars, ads, decks, one-sheets, and white papers
- Ensure timely development and execution of projects, aligned with agency and client goals
- Plan, develop, and defend budget recommendations, project goals, project hours, and training requirements necessary for quality and profitable service to clients
- Organize and contribute to RFP responses
- Stay on top of emerging trends, new platforms and tools, and best practices
- Areas of focus: project discovery, analysis, and strategy, creative design, information design and UX, website development, content creation, social media, SEO, analytics, video, research, presentations, outbound marketing, media management for a variety of needs across a variety of channels and industries that include B2B, B2C, and nonprofit organizations
- 5+ years of digital marketing experience
- Deep commitment to producing and presenting outstanding work
- Solid understanding of project process from discovery to deployment
- Strong familiarity with a broad base of digital marketing strategies and production processes, including but not limited to strategy, user experience, design, and digital development
- Direct experience managing digital campaigns, website production, social platform work
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Fluent in agency process that drives projects to completion on time and within scope and budget
- Professional management of client relationships
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Strong attention to detail and quality assurance
- Inspire a high level of performance from agency personnel
- Promotions or integrated marketing experience working across channels
- Passion and experience for working with start-up and emerging companies
- Experience or interest in nonprofit and cause marketing a plus