They say wearing green today protects you from those pesky pinching leprechauns. If you’re not one for traditions or decking yourself out in green, you can always create your own luck, on social media that is. Good things don’t just happen for you on your channels – you have to conquer the frontier with strategy and style. Stop relying on four leaf clovers and start taking control of your social media fate.
Lucky for you, success on social media is easier than your grandma’s corned beef and cabbage recipe. We’re here to set the record straight: by cultivating your brand’s niche and crafting a strategy that’s as sweet as a pot o’ gold, your social efforts will call for a celebration as lively as a St. Patrick’s Day parade. (Promise we’re done with the cheesy puns now.)
Building a social strategy may seem like a cumbersome ordeal, but you’ll be able to “get there quicker” with a solid foundation, with data as your secret weapon. We’ve pieced some eye-opening facts together to get you started on making your own luck, starting now.
- 80% of all social media activity is exclusively on mobile.Tweet this!
- More than half of YouTube views are on mobile.Tweet this too!
- Demographics of YouTube users is evenly split between men and women.And this one!
- But men spend 44% more time on YouTube watching video content when compared to women.You know what to do.
- In contrast, Instagram users are majority female, at 65%.Tweet, tweet.
- 92% of individuals trust recommendations from friends over brands.Are we friends?
- 18% of tweets with images receive almost 20% more clicks.This ironically is missing an image.
- For the most engagement on Instagram posts, primetime posting time is between 3 and 4pm.Tweet this one at 3pm.
- If you’re posting an Instagram video, post at 9pm. It garners 34% more interactions.Tweet this!
- 32% of teenagers consider Instagram THE most important social platform.This isn’t THE platform, but you can still tweet.
- On any given day, Snapchat reaches more than 40% of 18 to 34 year-olds.Wow, 40%!
- 93% of Pinterest pinners use the platform to plan purchases. Say that 3 times fast.Say that 3 times fast.
- Instagram posts with location check ins get 79% higher engagement.Tweet this!
- 25% of web traffic is driven by Facebook.Are you contributing?
- Pinterest is busiest on Saturday nights from 8 to 11pm.Tweet this!
- Facebook content with images get 179% more engagement than status updates.Thanks selfies.
- Snapchat users check the app an average of 18 times a day.Guilty?
Ready to conquer the social media world? You’re armed and ready with the facts to develop an award winning social strategy. Now, grab a pint and get to working. Your competition will soon be green with envy.