The Multimedia Designer produces a wide variety of content for internal and external purposes including 2D animations, visual effects, videos, and gifs. The role requires a background in graphic design to properly execute and provide project recommendations and feedback, while regularly contributing ideas from a multimedia perspective that are fresh and compelling that will meet audience interests and needs.
The Multimedia Designer will work collectively with the Account and Design team to conceptualize and produce digital content for social media and web-based projects. Duties include concepting and storyboarding; post-production works such as reviewing footage, making editorial decisions and edits, making audio adjustments, color correction, visual effects, animation and output compression using Adobe Creative Suite software; sourcing music and or VO for edits to fit the tone/pace of the product and brand direction; graphic design support as needed. Upon completion of projects, archive digital files for reference, maintaining a well-organized file structure. The ideal candidate for this role will be able to manage time efficiently to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks; work well under quick turnarounds; work autonomously and with a team; be self-motivated to stay up to date with the latest video and multimedia trends, expanding on those ideas for projects and clients.
- Strong understanding of the video and animation production process
- Must be well-versed in Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere
- Must know how to handle files that have been created in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Experience creating storyboards to illustrate your vision
- Organized multi-tasker, self-motivated and quick problem solver who can work comfortably with multiple projects at different stages in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Good communicator and listener
- Collaborate team player
- Online video portfolio or video reel that demonstrates video editing skills
Nice to Have
- Degree in graphic design or art related area of study
- Solid understanding of best practices and restrictions when producing video content for digital distribution
- Experience working at a design firm, consultancy or agency
- Experience with Adobe Animate
- Digital design and UK knowledge a plus
- This position is based at the San Luis Obispo office; reporting daily in the office. The position reports into the Creative Director.
Got what it takes? Send us your resume, samples of work, online portfolio links, magic beans and salsa recipes!