Matchfire is looking for a web developer intern for our Dallas office. We are a small agency and this is a “learn by doing” position working on client projects and new business, not a “watch and listen” position just shadowing employees. Our agency specialization is brand purpose and cause marketing – with an emphasis on great strategy, design and digital experiences. Candidates should have a portfolio of projects (personal or professional) they can share and be prepared to discuss.
The ability to work well with others, laugh at yourself, and have a little fun while you do good work is essential. We’re looking for someone with a passion for creating websites, plugins, and applications, interest in social impact, and desire to grow a career in web development.
We consider interns as apprentices, playing a pivotal role in working through specific tasks and challenges, plus supporting our additional developers in creating various technical solutions. Personality and cultural fit are key. We value a can-do attitude and flexibility to tackle whatever the day throws your way. To set yourself apart from others, you aren’t afraid to voice your opinions, are proactive in bringing fresh ideas to the table, and have no trouble multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Take design files from Adobe XD and build them as responsive pages using HTML5, Sass and JS where needed
- Break out pages into unique modular components
- Integrate Front-End developed pages into WordPress theme templates
- Test and adjust sites across various devices and browsers
- Setup Google Tag Manager and Analytics Tracking
- Maintain existing websites, and provide support as needed
- Help troubleshoot and test to address and solve browser specific issues
- Provide and be prepared to discuss samples of your work
- Experience with AdobeXD
- Familiarity with build tools
- Excellent organizational & communication skills with a superb attention to detail
- Passion for interactive digital marketing solutions
- Possess a solution-centric, positive attitude
Got what it takes? Send us your resume, samples of work, online portfolio links, magic beans and salsa recipes!